Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Just for Fun: An FP&P word map

Commonly used words and tags from FP&P in a common farmyard silhouette.
Created with Tagxedo on 23 Mar 2012.


Funny how real life and blogging life sometimes cross paths!

Working on an assignment for Information Graphics class, I stumbled upon Tagxedo, which bills itself as an online "word cloud [creator] with styles." Enter any text, URL, news story, or other document, set a few parameters, and voilà! You have a visual representation of the doc's most commonly used words. The bigger the word, the more often it appears in the original text. 

As part of my assignment submission, I used this blog's URL as the text source, and chose the rooster shape you see above. Of course, you can upload your own .jpg file to set the shape on your Tagxedo cloud.

Head over to Tagxedo to see what kind of fun you can create. If you choose to post your word clouds on your blog, I hope you'll leave the URL in the comments section so we can see what you whipped up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this. I am looking for a way to make a unique graphic for my newest blog. I will definitely check this application out. Thanks Again, Julia

Rachael Sarah Williams said...

Glad to help, Julia. I'm still experimenting with Tagxedo, but it's a lot of fun. Seems to be a little more versatile than Wordle so far.